Personal injury claims arise when a person is injured by accidents or circumstances caused by the fault or negligence of someone else. Personal injury claims may include, but are not limited to, lost wages for time away from work, medical expenses incurred in diagnosing and treating your injuries, and the pain and suffering you experience while injured.
The situations which result in personal injury are many and varied, and range from car wrecks to medical malpractice and beyond. Edwards & Stevens is experienced in handling a broad array of personal injury claims, and will consult with you about your injury free of charge. Although the following list does not contain every type of personal injury claim which exists, these are some accidents which frequently give rise to personal injury claims:
- Automobile, Boat, and Motorcycle accidents
- Insurance adjusters may handle these matters day-in and day-out, but so do we. Let us advocate for you to level the playing field.
- 18 Wheeler Accidents
- These accidents are often very complex due to multiple layers of insurance coverage, overlapping state and federal regulations, and jurisdictional issues. We have the knowledge and experience to effectively and efficiently handle these claims.
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Accidents involving company vehicles, like 18 wheeler accidents, present complex legal issues arising from layers of insurance, ownership and control of the vehicle, and vicarious liability of the employer. Let us help you navigate the claims process.
- Wrongful death
- Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things we endure, especially if the untimely death is the result of someone else's fault or negligence. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to properly advance these claims while also respecting the very sensitive and emotional nature of these claims.
- Medical malpractice
- Medical malpractice claims arise when an injury is caused by the negligence of a medical professional while providing medical care. These claims advance through a different legal procedure than claims that arise from other types of accidents. Although medical malpractice laws and procedure are complex, we have the experience necessary to properly evaluate your case and navigate through the process.
- Workers' compensation
- Workers' compensation claims arise when a person is injured in the work place. Like medical malpractice, workers' compensation claims advance through a different legal procedure than claims arising from other types of accidents. We are prepared to evaluate and manage your claim.
Whether your injury arises from an accident like those listed above or from a different type of accident, contact Edwards & Stevens for assistance with your personal injury claim.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website is informational only, and is not to be construed as legal advice.